When students work with analogies, they…
- expand and deepen their vocabulary.
- understand the relationships between ideas and words.
- recognize and understand multiple-meaning words.
- think critically and apply logical reasoning.
- learn to decipher word meanings based on context.
- build a network of understanding that improves retention and aids future learning.
What is included in this resource:
- Instructional PowerPoint: To be used for introducing word analogies and strategies to solve them
- 150 word analogies: These have been expertly crafted using Tier Two words. Tier Two words for this level are approximately at a sixth-grade level. Note: There are no grade level labels (you will only see “Level 6”) on these materials, which means you can use them with any grade. These word analogies are organized in 15 sets of 10 (10 analogies per set).
- Leveled Printables: The included printables are provided in four different formats to allow you to deliver the exact level of support your students need.
- Task Cards: The analogies are also provided in task card format.
- Google Classroom Version: Each of the 15 sets is available as a Google Form quiz for those teachers using Google Classroom/Google Drive.
- Teaching Notes: Tips, tricks, and instructional rationale are provided for every component.
BYOB! Build Your Own Bundle
Pick and choose the word analogy units you want and receive a bundle discount. The more you buy, the more you save. The discount will appear in your cart for all qualifying quantities. Grade level bundles are not included.
2+ units = 10% off
3+ units = 15% off
4+ units = 20% off
5+ units = 25% off
Need another grade level?
Word Analogies Grade 3
Word Analogies Grade 4
Word Analogies Grade 5
Word Analogies Grade 6
Word Analogies Grade 7
Word Analogies Grade 8
Word Analogies Grade 9
Word Analogies Grade 10
BUNDLE: Elementary Analogies Grades 3, 4, 5 & 6
BUNDLE: Secondary Analogies Grades 7, 8, 9 & 10
Please read: This is a nonrefundable digital download. Please read the description carefully and examine the preview file before purchasing.
© Copyright 2018 M. Tallman. All rights reserved. Permission is granted to copy pages specifically designed for student or teacher use by the original purchaser or licensee. This is intended to be used by one teacher unless additional licenses have been purchased. The reproduction of any other part of this product is strictly prohibited. Copying any part of this product and placing it on the Internet in any form (even a personal/classroom website) is strictly forbidden. Doing so makes it possible for an Internet search to make the document available on the Internet, free of charge, and is a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA).
- Total Pages 250
- Answer Key Included
- Teaching Duration 2 Months