Perfect for math centers, fast-finishers, and cooperative learning!
Pattern blocks are not just for primary students! This resource will provide your leaners with engaging puzzle tasks that require critical thinking and problem solving skills. Students must analyze four clues in order to correctly arrange six different Pattern Blocks in a specific order. These tasks are designed to activate and expand students’ logical reasoning skills while reinforcing various geometry concepts. The 36 non-routine activities are available in two different formats: “Task Cards”- for independent work, as well as “Group Clues”- for students to work in groups of four.
- Organizational and instructional tips
- “Five-Frames” for students to place Pattern Block pieces on
- 36 “Task Cards”: Perfect for independent work
- 36 “Group Clues”: Allows students to work in groups of four
- Student answer sheets for recording solutions
- Answer Key
- Printable Pattern Block Shapes (in color and black-and-white)
- Geometry concepts and vocabulary: acute, obtuse, right, congruency, polygons, etc.
- Spatial reasoning
- Visual awareness
- Cooperative learning and communication
- Problem solving and critical thinking
BYOB! Build Your Own Bundle
This resource is eligible for a BYOB discount! When you purchase 10 or more eligible resources, the price of each set drops from $7 to $5. This discount applies to this resource, digital math tiles, printable math tiles, or any combination of all three. When you qualify for BYOB, the discount will appear in your cart.
Please read: This is a nonrefundable digital download. Please read the description carefully and examine the preview file before purchasing.
© Copyright 2018 M. Tallman. All rights reserved. Permission is granted to copy pages specifically designed for student or teacher use by the original purchaser or licensee. This is intended to be used by one teacher unless additional licenses have been purchased. The reproduction of any other part of this product is strictly prohibited. Copying any part of this product and placing it on the Internet in any form (even a personal/classroom website) is strictly forbidden. Doing so makes it possible for an Internet search to make the document available on the Internet, free of charge, and is a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA).
- Total Pages 57
- Answer Key Included
- Teaching Duration 4 Weeks