Tangrams present your students with an engaging, hands-on way to develop the following skills:
- spatial reasoning
- critical thinking
- problem solving
- understanding of geometry concepts (congruence, similarity, symmetry, rotation, transformation, reflection, attributes of polygons, etc.)
These puzzles are perfect for math centers, fast-finishers, and cooperative learning. Your students will LOVE them!
Included in this resource:
- 75 unique full-size Tangram puzzles that will perfectly fit your 4-inch* Tangram manipulatives
- 75 smaller Tangram cards (identical to the full-size puzzles), for adding another element of difficulty
- printable 4-inch Tangram manipulatives in various colors and black and white
- an answer key for all 75 puzzles
BYOB! Build Your Own Bundle
This resource is eligible for a BYOB discount! When you purchase 10 or more eligible resources, the price of each set drops from $7 to $5. This discount applies to this resource, digital math tiles, printable math tiles, or any combination of all three. When you qualify for BYOB, the discount will appear in your cart.
* Most Tangram manipulatives are 4 inches, which means when you arrange the 7 shapes in to a square, each side of the square is 4 inches long. The full-size puzzles in this resources are designed to perfectly fit 4-inch Tangram sets. You can still use other size sets, but they will not match up perfectly. Some teachers prefer that the sizes do not match up, as this requires students to further engage spatial reasoning skills, which is why I have also included the smaller Tangram cards.
Please read: This is a nonrefundable digital download. Please read the description carefully and examine the preview file before purchasing.
© Copyright 2018 M. Tallman. All rights reserved. Permission is granted to copy pages specifically designed for student or teacher use by the original purchaser or licensee. This is intended to be used by one teacher unless additional licenses have been purchased. The reproduction of any other part of this product is strictly prohibited. Copying any part of this product and placing it on the Internet in any form (even a personal/classroom website) is strictly forbidden. Doing so makes it possible for an Internet search to make the document available on the Internet, free of charge, and is a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA).
- Total Pages 105
- Answer Key Included
- Teaching Duration 2 Months