Word Flow is a comprehensive phonics-based reading fluency program. This program is perfect for students who are not yet ready for Level 1 (150L) of the Flow Reading Fluency program.
The objectives of Word Flow are to:
- Develop automaticity in decoding words according to phonics rules, syllable patterns, and etymology.
- Provide students with a systematic and developmentally appropriate framework to decode words.
- Allow teachers to provide highly-differentiated instruction to a wide range of learners.
What’s Included in Word Flow?
- 10 skills-based units
- Each unit includes 4-8 activities (70 activities total).
- 70 Assisted Reading Video Passages (QR Access)
- Comprehensive placement assessment
- Detailed implementation instructions
How Does Word Flow Improve Reading?
As with Flow Reading Fluency, Word Flow uses the following three strategies to improve decoding automaticity.
- Modeling: Students will access Assisted Reading Videos that model a wide range of phonics skills. These Assisted Reading Videos provide a powerful multi-sensory model for students as they watch, listen, and read along.
- Practicing: Students are presented with critical opportunities to practice their decoding skills that consider their Zone of Proximal Development (ZPD). Practice activities gradually progress students along a continuum of learning, where students begin with a high level of external support to a high level of independence.
- Monitoring: Throughout the program, students are actively monitoring their progress by recording and graphing the number of words they can read in one minute. This monitoring not only promotes student agency, but it is also highly motivational.
🔍Download the preview to see a list of all the phonics skills covered and sample lists.
The More Levels You Purchase, the More You Save!
Please read: This is a nonrefundable digital download. Please read the description carefully and examine the preview file before purchasing.
© Copyright 2018 M. Tallman. All rights reserved. Permission is granted to copy pages specifically designed for student or teacher use by the original purchaser or licensee. This is intended to be used by one teacher unless additional licenses have been purchased. The reproduction of any other part of this product is strictly prohibited. Copying any part of this product and placing it on the Internet in any form (even a personal/classroom website) is strictly forbidden. Doing so makes it possible for an Internet search to make the document available on the Internet, free of charge, and is a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA).
- Total Pages 100+
- Answer Key N/A
- Teaching Duration Yearlong Resource