Greek and Latin Roots! Almost 70% of the English language is derived from Latin and Greek languages. When students learn these “building blocks” it becomes easy for them to recognize and decode unfamiliar words that are related to a known root. It is also increasingly important to explicitly teach students the meanings of Greek and Latin roots as they encounter the very technical vocabulary found in science and other content areas.
This 282-page resource covers over 60 Greek and Latin roots and 200 different words. Created for grades 5-8.
There are 20 units in this file.
Each unit contains:
- A 4-page student packet, which includes 6 different vocabulary activities
- An individual “Word & Definition Sort”
- A set of 20 “Concentration” game cards
- A complete word wall with “headers” for each root
- A unit assessment
- Also included are unit word lists and answer keys for the student packets.
- Total Pages 260
- Answer Key Included
- Teaching Duration 1 Year